Friday, August 27, 2010

Settling in

Ok, so I’m feeling a little calmer at this point, a little more at ease with writing journal entries that I’m going to post on the internet. It’s taken me a few days, a week in total I guess, to figure out what I want to say, and how I want to say it.

It’s not that I had anything groundbreaking to share, it’s just that I was worried about:

- professionalism (Peace Corps still has me scared of inadvertently writing stuff I’ll get browbeaten for, whether it’s a security concern, a relationship-jeopardizing rant that my future colleagues (i.e. Guatemalans) will Google, or just something that will land me in hot water with PC bosses, I wanted to make sure I had the content right
- overdoing it (I really can’t pull off a melodramatic tone because it doesn’t lend me, or I don’t lend it, any authority. Also it’s annoying to read.

I figured it’d be better to be as descriptive as possible, then I’d actually look forward to writing entries, and not reach for any type of meaningful commentary that would ultimately be amateurish (I’ll leave conclusions to the grad students – haha I’m a grad student!)

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the exact same thing! Everyone can read your remarks and anyone can check up on you. But I'm not worried Justie... you have nothing to hide and I don't think you could do/say anything that bad because it's just not in your nature.

    ReplyDelete